Glasses, covers for fashion jewellery

General discussions regarding bench work.
Caspers
Forum Apprentice
Forum Apprentice

Fire Glasses, covers for fashion jewellery

Post by Caspers »

Could anyone recommend where to look for and buy crystal covers for this type of jewellery? I think glass would be too soft . Better quartz , or better still corundum glass . I've looked all over ... I would be very grateful for an enlightening answer.
WhatsApp Image 2024-10-07 at 14.37.23 (1).jpeg
Javier Odom
Verified
Forum Senior Journeyman
Forum Senior Journeyman

Re: Glasses, covers for fashion jewellery

Post by Javier Odom »

If you are looking for one of a kind, I suggest just buying rock crystal quartz and cutting it or having it cut locally to your specifications.

If you are looking for more than one, the answer would depend on your location. If you are in Thailand, you should be able to find vendors and cutters for this. If you are in Europe, the same, but perhaps a little more expensive. If you are in South America, maybe more difficult to find. If you are in North America you can probably find both but at the highest expense.

I saw a high fashion Cartier piece in Firenze, Italy with this type of crystal. They do not source it from Italy though.

You should be able to purchase this in bulk for very little. Your cost will rise with the cutting.

Good luck. And if you do find a source, feel free to share, but do not make it spammy please.
Caspers
Forum Apprentice
Forum Apprentice

Post by Caspers »

The question is what is spammy? If I understand this concept correctly, you just did it yourself - you spoke at length about what is clear to most people, but you did not answer the question. I understand - the most likely for you is the administrator's right to do so. A little lyricism, talking and the human factor are useful, otherwise the place is dead. And it looks like this place is like that. I apologize for disturbing your peace
Javier Odom
Verified
Forum Senior Journeyman
Forum Senior Journeyman

Post by Javier Odom »

"Spammy" because so far I have had to disable dozens of accounts using the Latvia TLD of ".lv", such as the one you are using.

With regard to the activity in the forums, it is not expected to have hundreds of active users at this time, but there is a slowly growing number of users that seem to either be securing their account names, and or just lurking. In forums, there is a disproportionate number of inactive accounts to active accounts. Currently, it is about growing threads and establishing a positive and free resource for others.

As to answering your question, I kinda did that already, but if you want more assistance, please let me know what city and country you are in, and I will ask around.

Return to “General”