DIY Centrifugal Casting Machine

Discussions regarding Centrifugal Casting.
emily717
Forum Apprentice
Forum Apprentice

Re: DIY Centrifugal Casting Machine

Post by emily717 »

Javier Odom wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 8:22 am
emily717 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 2:22 pm Would you be willing to share some more details about the machine you have in storage?
I did a quick search online and it looks to be a Neycraft Spincaster. We used this for many years, then we moved to a smaller unit. So, for the past five years or so this has been out in one of my storage areas. This particular unit has been outside underneath a patio. I just took a look at it, and it would need a new base, which could be a new piece of excess wood or you could go buy a base, and it still spun smooth and fast. I did not see any rust on it, but it would still need some oil/grease/WD40. Later, it may need a part here or there, but I did not see anything glaring. I can take a closer look if you are going to be in the area. Where are you located?
Wow, thank you so much for the detailed information about the Neycraft Spincaster! I really appreciate your honesty about its condition and the fact that it's been stored outside for a while. It might be a bit of a trek to come see it in person. However, I'm still very interested in the machine and would love to discuss further about how we could make it work. Would you be willing to send some photos of the machine and its current condition? That would give me a better idea of what I'd be getting into.
Javier Odom
Verified
Forum Senior Journeyman
Forum Senior Journeyman

Post by Javier Odom »

Just to set some expectation management here, I am not accepting any remote payments for this, and I am not shipping it anywhere.

As to photographs, it looks just like the images on the link except a little more dull in color.
David
Forum Apprentice
Forum Apprentice

Post by David »

Is that centrifigal machine still available? What part of Arizona are you in?
Javier Odom
Verified
Forum Senior Journeyman
Forum Senior Journeyman

Post by Javier Odom »

David wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 8:02 am Is that centrifigal machine still available? What part of Arizona are you in?
Yes, "east valley" Phoenix area.

Return to “Centrifugal Casting”