VEVOR Gem Faceting Machine 180W Jade Grinding Polishing 2980RPM Rock Polisher

General discussions regarding Lapidary.
Javier Odom
Verified
Forum Senior Journeyman
Forum Senior Journeyman

VEVOR Gem Faceting Machine 180W Jade Grinding Polishing 2980RPM Rock Polisher

Post by Javier Odom »

I just received my brand new VEVOR Gem Faceting Machine 180W Jade Grinding Polishing 2980RPM Rock Polisher. I am excited to learn a new aspect of the jewelry industry.

If you have any tips or tricks for grinding or polishing gemstones, please share them here, or in this forum.
rosemary
Forum Apprentice
Forum Apprentice

Re: VEVOR Gem Faceting Machine 180W Jade Grinding Polishing 2980RPM Rock Polisher

Post by rosemary »

IGS has a simple introduction to lapidary basics. It's enough to get you started.

https://www.gemsociety.org/article/lapi ... -faceting/

I hope they leave this page up because it's very useful.
Javier Odom
Verified
Forum Senior Journeyman
Forum Senior Journeyman

Re: VEVOR Gem Faceting Machine 180W Jade Grinding Polishing 2980RPM Rock Polisher

Post by Javier Odom »

So I setup the faceting machine. Next I need to find some gems to polish and work on.

I had three issues...

One, there are no real instructions on setup. The manual does in about one paragraph attempt to explain how to polish and configure each piece of the machine to get the correct angles et cetera. Overall, this could use some improvement.

Two, the pump has no on/off switch so it is just on when plugged in and off when not. I will probably find a power strip for it so I can turn it off with a switch.

Three, there was a leak in the water pump where the pipe meets the magnetic base. I had to really torque that connection down with some pliers. Once that was resolved, I had another leak, but that was because the drip pipe was kinked. Piping issues remedied, no more leaks.

Next I want to setup a self-filtering bucket so I can use one bucket instead of two. But first, I want to try it out on some gems!

Return to “General”