Cheat Sheet or Saved System Settings

Jewelry Forums related to Laser Welding.
Javier Odom
Verified
Forum Senior Journeyman
Forum Senior Journeyman

Cheat Sheet or Saved System Settings

Post by Javier Odom »

Using different settings and configurations for different metals and job tasks we find ourselves making adjustments perhaps too often.  Do you use a printed cheatsheet to keep track of settings, memorize them, or use your laser welders built in memory slots to keep track of settings?
Take care, and God bless.
Javier Odom - Walt's Jewelers
Bemamali
Verified
Forum Apprentice
Forum Apprentice

RE: Cheat Sheet or Saved System Settings

Post by Bemamali »

Javier Odom wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:10 am Using different settings and configurations for different metals and job tasks we find ourselves making adjustments perhaps too often.  Do you use a printed cheatsheet to keep track of settings, memorize them, or use your laser welders built in memory slots to keep track of settings?
To answer your question, depends on the laser. Older models I rarely worry about the setting and more on the voltage and beam size.  You Memorize over time exactly what MM size and voltage to use as you get more and more used to the machine. Newer models you definitely can use the programed settings and fire right away. They also let you store your own setting like the ones I have memorized for certain tasks.
Javier Odom
Verified
Forum Senior Journeyman
Forum Senior Journeyman

RE: Cheat Sheet or Saved System Settings

Post by Javier Odom »

Bemamali wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:42 pm To answer your question, depends on the laser. Older models I rarely worry about the setting and more on the voltage and beam size.  You Memorize over time exactly what MM size and voltage to use as you get more and more used to the machine. Newer models you definitely can use the programed settings and fire right away. They also let you store your own setting like the ones I have memorized for certain tasks.
Yeah, we end up having most things memorized, however, for those odd jobs that we do not do as frequently we find ourselves either quickly looking it up on a cheatsheet or we refigure it out.  Our machine is on the older side, but it does have some memory slots.  I believe the newer laser welder we are looking at has stored settings.
Take care, and God bless.
Javier Odom - Walt's Jewelers

Return to “Laser Welding”